Missing link between WebParts and current database authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mazdotnet, Jun 21, 2007.

  1. mazdotnet

    mazdotnet Guest

    Hi,

    I've been doing a fair bit of research on WebParts for customizing
    our current company site. In almost all the examples they use the
    default database to store the page settings by running the ASP.NET SQL
    Server Setup Wizard. However, in our company we have a site (Upgraded
    from .NET 1.0) that uses form authentication. Basically, I have a
    username/password table which I use to validate users and do a
    System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(username,
    false); to redirect them back to the request page.

    Is there a way for me to tie my old username/passwords into Membership
    and profiles feature to manage the WebParts? (I want to use my own
    authenticated user read from my own users table and not aspnet_Users
    table generated by the wizard)

    Thank you
    M.
    mazdotnet, Jun 21, 2007