Missing modules '_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName'

uid09012_ti

Hi,

i get the following error message when i use py2exe on my application:

The following modules appear to be missing
['_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName']

I've installed PyXML-0.8.4.win32-py2.4.exe. My version of python is 2.4
I've checked in the pyxml directories and these modules are not there.

Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Martin.

Peter Hansen

i get the following error message when i use py2exe on my application:

The following modules appear to be missing
['_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName']

I've installed PyXML-0.8.4.win32-py2.4.exe. My version of python is 2.4
I've checked in the pyxml directories and these modules are not there.

Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Maybe nothing. Often py2exe will complain about modules which are not
actually required by the application.

If your code runs and you've tested all areas of it, then you can chalk
the above up to a "py2exe feature".

-Peter

uid09012_ti

Hi,

unfortunately the result from py2exe won't run eventhough the original
script runs without problems. The trouble is I'm at a loss as to where
to start looking!

Martin.

Peter Hansen

unfortunately the result from py2exe won't run eventhough the original
script runs without problems. The trouble is I'm at a loss as to where
to start looking!

Is there no exception traceback printed? Or some other error when you
run the .exe? It would be very unusual to receive no error message of
any kind. If you are getting a message, please post the entire
traceback/message here, as we can only guess what's happening.

-Peter

Ron Adam

Hi,

unfortunately the result from py2exe won't run eventhough the original
script runs without problems. The trouble is I'm at a loss as to where
to start looking!

Martin.

Just a guess, Make sure any your file names aren't the same as any of
the module names you are using.

Cheers,
Ron

uid09012_ti

Hi,

yes of course the traceback could be helpfull so here it is...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "App1.py", line 6, in ?
File "Frame1.pyc", line 16, in ?
File "brain.pyc", line 4, in ?
File "xml\dom\ext\reader\__init__.pyc", line 20, in ?
LookupError: unknown encoding: utf-8

-Martin.

Ron Adam

Hi,

which file names do you mean?

-Martin.

I've ran across a case where I copied a module from the python libs
folder to my source directory, it would work fine before I built with
py2exe, but afterwards it would give a file not found error. I haven't
quite figures out why in this case.

To get around it, I renamed the file in my directory, by putting an
underscore in front of it and importing '_name as name' in my program.
Everything worked fine after that.

Another case is where I inadvertently had a file name in the file path
with the same name as a file I was trying to import. In this case the
file would import in place of the library file, but then issue errors
for objects or sub modules not being found.

So if the modules '_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName' are in a
package, and you have a file in your source folder (or search path) with
the same name as the directory or file they are in, you could be
importing the wrong file and then not be finding the sub modules.

Like I said this is a guess, but I thought it might be worth mentioning
if nothing else to rule out file path problems like these.

Cheers,
Ron

uid09012_ti

Hi,,thanks for the tip. I'*m still stuck, but that link got me past the
problem with the unknow encoding.

I now get this traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "App1.py", line 23, in ?
File "App1.py", line 19, in main
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 5691, in __init__
File "wx\_core.pyc", line 5343, in _BootstrapApp
File "App1.py", line 13, in OnInit
File "Frame1.pyc", line 25, in create
File "Frame1.pyc", line 170, in __init__
File "brain.pyc", line 15, in __init__
File "points.pyc", line 16, in __init__
File "xml\dom\ext\reader\Sax2.pyc", line 385, in FromXmlStream
File "xml\dom\ext\reader\Sax2.pyc", line 346, in __init__
File "xml\sax\saxexts.pyc", line 77, in make_parser
xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found

I checked out what Ron suggested, but I've no files where the names
could clash with python modules.

Thanks,
Martin.

uid09012_ti

Hi,

thanks for the tip. That did it! Though I have one funny:

i've got Active State Python 2.4 installed and so the line has to
read

--packages _xmlplus.sax.drivers,_xmlplus.sax.drivers2

Thanks again,
Martin.