    Thanks,
    Martin.

    , Oct 22, 2005

  2. Peter Hansen Guest

    wrote:
    > i get the following error message when i use py2exe on my application:
    >
    > The following modules appear to be missing
    > ['_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName']
    >
    > I've installed PyXML-0.8.4.win32-py2.4.exe. My version of python is 2.4
    > I've checked in the pyxml directories and these modules are not there.
    >
    > Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

    Maybe nothing. Often py2exe will complain about modules which are not
    actually required by the application.

    If your code runs and you've tested all areas of it, then you can chalk
    the above up to a "py2exe feature".

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Oct 23, 2005

    unfortunately the result from py2exe won't run eventhough the original
    script runs without problems. The trouble is I'm at a loss as to where
    to start looking!

    Martin.

    , Oct 25, 2005
  4. Peter Hansen Guest

    wrote:
    > unfortunately the result from py2exe won't run eventhough the original
    > script runs without problems. The trouble is I'm at a loss as to where
    > to start looking!

    Is there no exception traceback printed? Or some other error when you
    run the .exe? It would be very unusual to receive no error message of
    any kind. If you are getting a message, please post the entire
    traceback/message here, as we can only guess what's happening.

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Oct 25, 2005
  5. Ron Adam Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > unfortunately the result from py2exe won't run eventhough the original
    > script runs without problems. The trouble is I'm at a loss as to where
    > to start looking!
    >
    > Martin.

    Just a guess, Make sure any your file names aren't the same as any of
    the module names you are using.

    Cheers,
    Ron

    Ron Adam, Oct 25, 2005

    yes of course the traceback could be helpfull so here it is...

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "App1.py", line 6, in ?
    File "Frame1.pyc", line 16, in ?
    File "brain.pyc", line 4, in ?
    File "xml\dom\ext\reader\__init__.pyc", line 20, in ?
    LookupError: unknown encoding: utf-8

    -Martin.

    , Oct 26, 2005

    which file names do you mean?

    -Martin.

    , Oct 26, 2005
  8. Ron Adam Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > which file names do you mean?
    >
    > -Martin.

    I've ran across a case where I copied a module from the python libs
    folder to my source directory, it would work fine before I built with
    py2exe, but afterwards it would give a file not found error. I haven't
    quite figures out why in this case.

    To get around it, I renamed the file in my directory, by putting an
    underscore in front of it and importing '_name as name' in my program.
    Everything worked fine after that.

    Another case is where I inadvertently had a file name in the file path
    with the same name as a file I was trying to import. In this case the
    file would import in place of the library file, but then issue errors
    for objects or sub modules not being found.

    So if the modules '_ssl', 'ext.IsDOMString', 'ext.SplitQName' are in a
    package, and you have a file in your source folder (or search path) with
    the same name as the directory or file they are in, you could be
    importing the wrong file and then not be finding the sub modules.

    Like I said this is a guess, but I thought it might be worth mentioning
    if nothing else to rule out file path problems like these.

    Cheers,
    Ron

    Ron Adam, Oct 26, 2005
  9. Peter Hansen Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > yes of course the traceback could be helpfull so here it is...
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "App1.py", line 6, in ?
    > File "Frame1.pyc", line 16, in ?
    > File "brain.pyc", line 4, in ?
    > File "xml\dom\ext\reader\__init__.pyc", line 20, in ?
    > LookupError: unknown encoding: utf-8

    Which version of py2exe are you using?

    Does this page help?
    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/EncodingsAgain

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Oct 27, 2005

    Hi,,thanks for the tip. I'*m still stuck, but that link got me past the
    problem with the unknow encoding.

    I now get this traceback:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "App1.py", line 23, in ?
    File "App1.py", line 19, in main
    File "wx\_core.pyc", line 5691, in __init__
    File "wx\_core.pyc", line 5343, in _BootstrapApp
    File "App1.py", line 13, in OnInit
    File "Frame1.pyc", line 25, in create
    File "Frame1.pyc", line 170, in __init__
    File "brain.pyc", line 15, in __init__
    File "points.pyc", line 16, in __init__
    File "xml\dom\ext\reader\Sax2.pyc", line 385, in FromXmlStream
    File "xml\dom\ext\reader\Sax2.pyc", line 346, in __init__
    File "xml\sax\saxexts.pyc", line 77, in make_parser
    xml.sax._exceptions.SAXReaderNotAvailable: No parsers found

    I checked out what Ron suggested, but I've no files where the names
    could clash with python modules.

    Thanks,
    Martin.

    , Oct 27, 2005
  11. Fredrik Lundh, Oct 27, 2005

    thanks for the tip. That did it! Though I have one funny:

    i've got Active State Python 2.4 installed and so the line has to
    read

    --packages _xmlplus.sax.drivers,_xmlplus.sax.drivers2

    Thanks again,
    Martin.

    , Oct 27, 2005