    And also the "test_urlwithfrag" test fails, but when trying to do(as suggested in the README) "./python -m test -v test_urlwithfrag" I get an error[ImportError: No module named 'test.test_urlwithfrag'
    ] and when doing "./python -m test -v test_urllib2net" it skips the test saying it's normal on linux(then why make test runs it and it fails???)

    What am I missing? Should I install those modules manually? Is this expected?

    Giacomo Alzetta, Nov 4, 2012

  2. Giacomo Alzetta

    mm0fmf Guest

    Giacomo Alzetta wrote:
    > I'm trying to compile python3.3 on my (K)ubuntu 12.04, but some modules are missing.
    >
    > In particular when doing make test I get:
    >
    > Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:
    > _bz2 _curses _curses_panel

    You haven't installed the development headers for those modules giving
    errors.

    So for curses you'll need to install libncurses5-dev, lzma-dev etc.
    Sorry, I can't remember the package names as it's a while since I did this.

    Andy

    mm0fmf, Nov 4, 2012

  3. Il giorno domenica 4 novembre 2012 15:56:03 UTC+1, mm0fmf ha scritto:
    > Giacomo Alzetta wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to compile python3.3 on my (K)ubuntu 12.04, but some modules are missing.

    > > In particular when doing make test I get:

    > > Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were not found:

    > > _bz2 _curses _curses_panel

    > You haven't installed the development headers for those modules giving
    >
    > errors.
    >

    > So for curses you'll need to install libncurses5-dev, lzma-dev etc.
    >
    > Sorry, I can't remember the package names as it's a while since I did this.
    >

    > Andy

    That's right! Sorry, but I thought I installed those some months ago for an other python installation, but probably I've also removed them :s

    The "test_urlwithfrag" is still failing though.

    Giacomo Alzetta, Nov 4, 2012