Missing or Incompatible Database Schema After Deployment

beaudetious

I'm working on an ASP.NET 2.0 web app which I deployed without a problem a
week ago or so to a hosted server. I'm using SQL Server 2000 as the DB for
both custom tables and the profile/membership/roles, etc. Last week it was
working fine. Today I added some new files via FTP to the website and
deleted the existing objects then exported my local database's SQL Server
tables, views and stored procs to the hosted SQL Server. Now something is
messed up. Now, I'm getting the following error when running one of my pages
that hits the database via one of the Providers:

System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The
'System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider' requires a database schema
compatible with schema version '1'. However, the current database schema is
not compatible with this version. You may need to either install a
compatible schema with aspnet_regsql.exe (available in the framework
installation directory), or upgrade the provider to a newer version.

I've reran the aspnet_regsql tool so that the remote server's schema was
updated. It still didn't work. I then deleted all of the "aspnet_" objects
and reran the aspnet_regsql tool. Still no luck. What can I do now? I
can't make a backup of my local database and use it for restoring on the
hosted server because a) it costs money and b) I can't do that everytime I
want to make changes. Maybe I shouldn't have overwrote the working tables?

Anyhow, how can I fix this and what's the best way to deploy changes to a
production database's objects (column name changes or updated stored procs).

Thanks for any immediate help!

Brian

beaudetious

You won't like this answer, but it just sort of worked the next day after I
had the problems. Now I ran the built in tools to prep the database about 5
times so that may have some affect but not right away. Sorry that wasn't
concrete enough of an answer for you.