Missing or Truncated Email Body Text - 2 Strange Examples...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by RickVidallon, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. RickVidallon

    RickVidallon Guest

    Missing or Truncated Body Text in Email Application - 2 Strange
    Examples...
    There is no earthly reason why this is happening!

    EXAMPLES HERE:
    http://65.36.227.70/actmailer/

    We have a scheduled task which runs every 5mins and sends pending
    email campaign.
    The script has been written in VB.NET and following is the code which
    actually sends the mail:

    set mailer = createobject("cdo.message")
    mailer.subject = this_subject
    mailer.from = "name<email address>"
    mailer.to = this_to
    mailer.htmlbody = this_body
    mailer.send
    set mailer = nothing

    1) PROBLEM: The process is working fine for most of the email
    clients,but email body is cutting off
    for clients email domains ending in rr. (road runner) @neo.rr.com
    @indy.rr.com and columbus.rr.com

    2) Q & A
    a. It is not a memory problem with the clients RR email server
    because:
    I also tried sending one 'TEXT only' email to a member having the rr.
    domain using our
    mailing application and the body text got cut-off, so the problem is
    not with the header or footer or
    max. amount of memory exceeded.
    b. It is not a server or client side spam blocker because:
    There are no strange symbols or characters in the body. The missing
    text occurs either mid-sentence
    or sometimes (between letters) Example: Hello There would break as
    Hello Th... SEE GRAPHIC BELOW
    c. It is not a true 'line truncation' because:
    In every case the member receives the footer, but the body text is
    missing.

    2) WHY would an email/server and client allow display of the HEADER
    and FOOTER --
    but break the 'BODY' mid-sentence? ... SEE GRAPHIC BELOW

    EXAMPLE HERE: http://65.36.227.70/actmailer/

    Any suggestions or work around's out there? Anyone else seen this
    problem - receiving cut-off or
    incomplete HTML emails?

    THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING TO OUR MEMBERS WHO HAVE THE RR. DOMAIN. I have
    ran this past the national
    help desk for Road Runner in Canada and they are stumped. As far as
    getting local support from RR.... no chance.

    Here is the archived article which 99% of members rec'v with no
    problems:
    http://www.americancongressfortruth.com/ArchDetails.aspx?id=162

    In this second example the paragraph stops - mid sentence and then
    continues in the second paragraph.
    This email came from a member at name@

    http://www.americancongressfortruth.com/ArchDetails.aspx?id=185

    RickVidallon, Apr 24, 2007