Missing parameters in tomcat

leo.melendez.forum

Hi there

We have been struggling with an intermitent issue in our web
application. For some requests, Tomcat doesn't seem to be getting the
parameters sent to the server. We have been looking all over the place
and we have found only one other reference to the problem here:

http://www.nabble.com/Missing-Request-Parameters-tf2018230.html

We have enabled valves and filters and in all cases, the parameter list
seems to be empty even though all apache logs have the proper
parameters in the logs.

To make things worse, the same request works in some cases and doesn't
in others. We cannot reproduce the problem at will.

We are currently using Apache 2.0.55 and Tomcat 5.0.28, running on
Trustix 2.2

Has anybody here seen a similar problem? any ideas?

Thanks
Leo.

Tom Cole

Buddy,

You are redirecting a response. Request parameters won't be accessible
to the next page...

Try forwarding your original request instead. You'll be much happier,
plus you'll have some data!!!!!

leo.melendez.forum

Hi Tom
Thanks a lot for the response.

The original poster of that problem mentioned the redirection, but in
our case, the parameters are being missed on direct requests. Both
posts and gets. Even when copy and pasting the URL into the brower
might cause the parameters to be dropped completely.

Some people have mentioned invalid characters or invalid URLs, but we
know the request is correct because refreshing the window will cause
the application to work, which is very strange.

For instance:

https://myapp.com?param1=blah&param2=blahblah

That request will work fine, but every once in a while, our application
will report that no parameters were sent in the request, which is
obviously not the case.

Leo.

?

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dra=BEen_Gemi=E6?=

Have you tried both, GET and POST ? Are there any difference ?
How do you process the input ?

DG