Missing RSS Feed items

Discussion in 'XML' started by Kraft Bernhard, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. Hallo list,

    I don't know if this is a apropriate Newsgroup for this thread but I found it via
    google and there are already some RSS question in here so I'm just asking:

    I have written a RSS Feed which fetches the list of new Extensions for the CMS Typo3
    (www.typo3.org) and stores them in a database. Whenever somebody requests the RSS Feed
    the Feed XML is generated out of the database.

    The feed(s) are located at:
    http://t3rss.think-open.org/

    I'm having the problem that not every RSS Feed item is shown in my newsreader (Mozilla
    Thunderbird 1.0).

    Firsth I thought the reason would be that some feed-items have the same name as a already
    exisiting feed-item and the newsreader would just display "unique" messages. So i added
    the UID of the DB entries to the title which now looks like:
    "Extension Name - Extensionkey (UID)"

    But this wasn't the solution ... I also added a unique <guid> tag to every item but that
    didn't help either.

    Am I just experiencing Mozilla Thunderbird bugs or is this a RSS problem ?

    greets,
    Bernhard

    Kraft Bernhard, Mar 9, 2005