    Thanks.

    Z. Du
    , May 13, 2007

  2. John Hosking Guest

    wrote:

    > When I print some web page, for example
    > http://www.gnu.org/
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Html
    >
    > When I print these two pages, the right side, Key resources... of the
    > first page and
    > the left part (directory of wiki)
    > are missing.
    >
    > Why ?

    Because that's how the webmasters styled their sites. They each have a
    separate CSS file for media="print". In Wikipedia's commonPrint.css
    file, for example. there's a rule for (among other selectors)
    div#column-one
    { /* Hides all the elements irrelevant for printing */
    display: none;
    }

    > I also want to print then out, how to do ?
    >
    > I am using firefox.

    If you have the Web Developer extension installed, you can go to CSS -
    Disable Styles - Print Styles to, well, disable the print styles. Note
    that the left-side directory on the Wikipedia page shows up way down
    after the other content. Note also that disabling the print stylesheet
    will affect other aspects of the printed results, not just the
    visibility of certain elements.

    --
    John
    John Hosking, May 13, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Dear all
    >
    > When I print some web page, for example
    > http://www.gnu.org/
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Html
    >
    > When I print these two pages, the right side, Key resources... of the
    > first page and
    >
    > the left part (directory of wiki)
    >

    > are missing.
    >
    > Why ?

    @media print {
    .navbox {
    display: none;

    It is set not to print

    Just disable the style before you print, in Firefox "View > Page Style >
    No Style"

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan