Missing some part of page when printing

John Hosking

When I print some web page, for example
http://www.gnu.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Html

When I print these two pages, the right side, Key resources... of the
first page and
the left part (directory of wiki)
are missing.

Why ?

Because that's how the webmasters styled their sites. They each have a
separate CSS file for media="print". In Wikipedia's commonPrint.css
file, for example. there's a rule for (among other selectors)
div#column-one
{ /* Hides all the elements irrelevant for printing */
display: none;
}
I also want to print then out, how to do ?

I am using firefox.

If you have the Web Developer extension installed, you can go to CSS -
Disable Styles - Print Styles to, well, disable the print styles. Note
that the left-side directory on the Wikipedia page shows up way down
after the other content. Note also that disabling the print stylesheet
will affect other aspects of the printed results, not just the
visibility of certain elements.