Missing Text When Printing Page With <iframe> Using Verticle Scroll.... Is There A Workaround???

Philip Ronan

Fred said:
I've run into a problem. I'm using <iframes> (yuck!) that contains a
very long scrolling document (it's a massive agreement) within a HTML
document. In order to see the entire document the user must scroll
the <iframe> vertically.
If the user tries to print this page the document inside <iframes>
does not print 100%. For example if you click "print preview" in both
FF and IE you will only see 10% of the document because thats all that
is shown within the <iframe> at any given scroll point.

Is there a way to print 100% of the text using a method similar to
this? Frames don't seem to work and I also tried pasting all the text
inside of a <textarea> and that too did not work.

Is there a way to emulate <iframes> with CSS? Is there any kind of
simple workaround for this issue?

Thanks for the help guys

Don't futz around with this too much. Since this agreement is (presumably) a
legally binding document, you are only asking for trouble if you present it
in dangerously inaccessible ways like this. I suggest you simply provide a
"Printable version" link that points to a plain HTML page containing the
whole document in legible type. Don't use frames.

BootNic

Fred said:
I've run into a problem. I'm using <iframes> (yuck!) that contains a
very long scrolling document (it's a massive agreement) within a
HTML document. In order to see the entire document the user must
scroll the <iframe> vertically.
If the user tries to print this page the document inside <iframes>
does not print 100%. For example if you click "print preview" in
both FF and IE you will only see 10% of the document because thats
all that is shown within the <iframe> at any given scroll point.

Is there a way to print 100% of the text using a method similar to
this? Frames don't seem to work and I also tried pasting all the
text inside of a <textarea> and that too did not work.

Is there a way to emulate <iframes> with CSS? Is there any kind of
simple workaround for this issue?

Thanks for the help guys

<head>
<title></title>