Missing Text When Printing Page With <iframe> Using Verticle Scroll.... Is There A Workaround???

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Philip Ronan, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. Philip Ronan

    Philip Ronan Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > I've run into a problem. I'm using <iframes> (yuck!) that contains a
    > very long scrolling document (it's a massive agreement) within a HTML
    > document. In order to see the entire document the user must scroll
    > the <iframe> vertically.
    > If the user tries to print this page the document inside <iframes>
    > does not print 100%. For example if you click "print preview" in both
    > FF and IE you will only see 10% of the document because thats all that
    > is shown within the <iframe> at any given scroll point.
    >
    > Is there a way to print 100% of the text using a method similar to
    > this? Frames don't seem to work and I also tried pasting all the text
    > inside of a <textarea> and that too did not work.
    >
    > Is there a way to emulate <iframes> with CSS? Is there any kind of
    > simple workaround for this issue?
    >
    > Thanks for the help guys

    Don't futz around with this too much. Since this agreement is (presumably) a
    legally binding document, you are only asking for trouble if you present it
    in dangerously inaccessible ways like this. I suggest you simply provide a
    "Printable version" link that points to a plain HTML page containing the
    whole document in legible type. Don't use frames.

    --
    philronan [@] blueyonder [dot] co [dot] uk
    Philip Ronan, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Philip Ronan

    BootNic Guest

    > "Fred" <> wrote:
    >
    > I've run into a problem. I'm using <iframes> (yuck!) that contains a
    > very long scrolling document (it's a massive agreement) within a
    > HTML document. In order to see the entire document the user must
    > scroll the <iframe> vertically.
    > If the user tries to print this page the document inside <iframes>
    > does not print 100%. For example if you click "print preview" in
    > both FF and IE you will only see 10% of the document because thats
    > all that is shown within the <iframe> at any given scroll point.
    >
    > Is there a way to print 100% of the text using a method similar to
    > this? Frames don't seem to work and I also tried pasting all the
    > text inside of a <textarea> and that too did not work.
    >
    > Is there a way to emulate <iframes> with CSS? Is there any kind of
    > simple workaround for this issue?
    >
    > Thanks for the help guys

    <head>
    <title></title>
    #chr{
    height:300px;
    border: solid 1px black;
    padding:0.5em;
    overflow: auto;
    margin: auto;
    }
    #chr{
    font-size:14pt;
    font-family: 'comic sans ms';
    }
    </head>
    <!-- content goes here -->

    --
    BootNic Monday, January 30, 2006 4:19 PM

    The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty, and all forms of human life.
    *John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Inaugural Address*

    Fred, Jan 31, 2006