    know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
    the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
    preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

    SimpSity, Oct 2, 2003

  2. SimpSity

    Dirk Feytons Guest

    SimpSity wrote:

    > I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
    > know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
    > the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
    > preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-learn-cpp.html
    http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/index.htm

    And please write decent English.

    --
    Dirk

    (PGP keyID: 0x448BC5DD - http://www.gnupg.org - http://www.pgp.com)

    ..oO° [Intentionally left blank to annoy you] °Oo.

    Dirk Feytons, Oct 2, 2003

  3. SimpSity

    jeffc Guest

    "SimpSity" <> wrote in message
    > alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.

    Kind of like compilers and their wacky "missing ;" messages? Check out the
    sites recommended, but at the same time ask if C++ is the language for you,
    or whether an attitude adjustment is required.

    jeffc, Oct 2, 2003
  4. SimpSity

    Fao, Sean Guest

    "SimpSity" <> wrote in message
    > I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers,

    > know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++

    thats
    > the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit

    at ya.
    > preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

    Even though you never asked it in the body, a missing ';' means exactly
    that, you're missing a semicolon.

    --
    #include <iostream>

    int main()
    {
    return 0 // Wrong, missing ;

    #include <iostream>

    int main()
    {
    return 0; // Correct
    }

    Now onto the rest of what you said. That "shit" as you like to call it
    happens to be the C++ language. If you don't like it, find something else
    to keep your time occupied like reading up on proper Usenet etiquette.

    Fao, Sean, Oct 2, 2003
  5. SimpSity

    glen stark Guest

    SimpSity wrote:

    > I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
    > know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
    > the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
    > preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

    Don't. There's enough idiots pretending to be programmers already, and
    it fills the newsgroups with chaff.

    glen stark, Oct 7, 2003
  6. (SimpSity) writes:

    > I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
    > know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
    > the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
    > preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

    If you have programming experience in another language, I'd recommend
    "Accelerated C++" by Koenig&Moo.

    If you are a complete newbie to programming itself, I'd recommend starting
    with another programming language - e.g. Python or Ruby; C++ has a lot of
    pitfalls for starters.

    If you insist on starting with C++, check out www.accu.org - they've got
    tons of book recommendations.

    HTH & kind regards