missing ';' what does this mean?

SimpSity

I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

Dirk Feytons

SimpSity said:
I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-learn-cpp.html
http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/index.htm

And please write decent English.

--
Dirk

(PGP keyID: 0x448BC5DD - http://www.gnupg.org - http://www.pgp.com)

..oO° [Intentionally left blank to annoy you] °Oo.

jeffc

SimpSity said:
alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.

Kind of like compilers and their wacky "missing ;" messages? Check out the
sites recommended, but at the same time ask if C++ is the language for you,
or whether an attitude adjustment is required.

Fao, Sean

SimpSity said:
I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

Even though you never asked it in the body, a missing ';' means exactly
that, you're missing a semicolon.

--
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
return 0 // Wrong, missing ;

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
return 0; // Correct
}

Now onto the rest of what you said. That "shit" as you like to call it
happens to be the C++ language. If you don't like it, find something else
to keep your time occupied like reading up on proper Usenet etiquette.

glen stark

SimpSity said:
I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

Don't. There's enough idiots pretending to be programmers already, and
it fills the newsgroups with chaff.

Frank Schmitt

I am a complete noob, what book would be the best for complete begginers, u
know the ones that could teach a a retarted neborn monkey to program C++ thats
the kind of thing im looking for alotr of these books throw alot of shit at ya.
preferably a book for Ms Visual C++ 6 THX

If you have programming experience in another language, I'd recommend
"Accelerated C++" by Koenig&Moo.

If you are a complete newbie to programming itself, I'd recommend starting
with another programming language - e.g. Python or Ruby; C++ has a lot of
pitfalls for starters.

If you insist on starting with C++, check out www.accu.org - they've got
tons of book recommendations.

HTH & kind regards