[MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified cultur

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob Dob, Nov 27, 2005.

  1. Rob Dob

    Rob Dob Guest

    Hi,

    I have a VS2003 C# asp.net project that has been converted into a VS2005
    project. Everything seemed to work well until I make a modification to
    anything within the Component Designer window, i.e. I add a SQLCommand. At
    that point VS2005 changes my C# file to now load all Selectcommantext data
    from the resource file instead of the .aspx.cs file. then when I try and
    once again run my application I get the following error: looking at my .cs
    file I see that it now looks like this..

    System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager resources = new
    System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager(typeof(articles_wanted));

    Below is my error page..

    Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the
    neutral culture. Make sure "MyApp.articles_wanted.resources" was correctly
    embedded or linked into assembly "App_Web_ktof9gvr" at compile time, or that
    all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

    Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could
    not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral
    culture. Make sure "MyApp.articles_wanted.resources" was correctly embedded
    or linked into assembly "App_Web_ktof9gvr" at compile time, or that all the
    satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

    Source Error:

    Line 400: // sqlSelectCommand7
    Line 401: //
    Line 402: this.sqlSelectCommand7.CommandText =
    resources.GetString("sqlSelectCommand7.CommandText");
    Line 403: this.sqlSelectCommand7.Connection =
    this.sqlConnection1;
    Line 404: //

    Source File: c:\MyApp\articles_wanted.aspx.cs Line: 402

    Stack Trace:

    [MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate
    for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure
    "MyApp.articles_wanted.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into
    assembly "App_Web_ktof9gvr" at compile time, or that all the satellite
    assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.]
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +655
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +681
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +681
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo
    culture) +77
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name) +6
    MyApp.articles_wanted.InitializeComponent() in
    c:\MyApp\articles_wanted.aspx.cs:402
    MyApp.articles_wanted.OnInit(EventArgs e) in
    c:\MyApp\articles_wanted.aspx.cs:302
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +692

    Rob Dob, Nov 27, 2005