MissingManifestResourceException

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Nico, Aug 4, 2007.

  1. Nico

    Nico Guest

    Hi,
    I get this exception when I try to expand a node on the 2nd level on a
    TreeView webcontrol.
    The TreeView webcontrol works fine when I expand the first level, but fails
    when I try to expand it on the 2nd level.
    The nodes in the treeview only have the text property set, and the info is
    gained from cached data, which on it's turn is extracted from a database.
    There are only 3 levels in my treeview. My page exists out of a few tabs &
    pageviews. On the last tab, there is a self made webcontrol that contains
    the TreeView control.
    My webcontrol is supposed to display the structure of my webpage(tabs,
    webcontrols like textboxes, labels, etc and the tables they are contained
    in.
    Anyone know what could be the cause of this and more importantly, how do I
    fix it?

    Here is the explanation I get when the exception is being thrown.
    Additional information: Could not find any resources appropriate for the
    specified culture (or the neutral culture) in the given assembly.
    Make sure Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.resources was correctly embedded or
    linked into assembly Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.
    baseName: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls locationInfo: <null> resource file
    name: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.resources
    assembly: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=null

    The trace of the exception:
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +1238
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +550
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
    culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +550
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo
    culture) +103
    System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name) +6
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.Util.GetStringResource(String name) +17
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.set_SelectedNodeIndex(String value)
    +208
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.DoSelectedIndexChange(TreeViewSelectEventArgs
    e) +68
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.ProcessEvents(String eventArg) +342
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArg)
    +10
    Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.BasePostBackControl.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
    eventArgument) +7
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +138

    Kind regards,
    Nico.
    Nico, Aug 4, 2007

  2. Nico

    Nico Guest

    Forgot to add that the webcontrols are in a different VC# project than the
    webpage, but still in same solution.
    Got a webproject that contains all my webpages and a control project that
    contains all my webcontrols.
    Nico, Aug 4, 2007