Mix Inline and Codebehind?

xenophon

I want to set my ASP.NET 2.0 project to 1.1-style comiplation, with
all of my code-behind placed into a single .DLL.

I also want to support inline coding in the ASP.NET 2.0 .aspx, so
junionr developers can do layout changes and instance objects and
override behavior etc but not change any code I already have compiled.

How is that done?

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Xenophon,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
Regarding on the using asp.net 1.1/vs2003 like web project compilation and
deploy model, there dosn exists some other community member and users
requested on this. And currently the ASPNET and web dev tools teams is
about to deliver two new project types:

# Web Deployment Project
# Web Application Project

Web Deployment project is mainly help provide some customization feature
when we need to precompile a website for deploying. At developing time, our
asp.net 2.0 web application still use the vs 2005 website model...

Web Application Project, provide a mostly vs 2003/asp.net 1.1 like model
for developing asp.net 2.0 web application,

both of them are still under beta preview currently, you can have a look
through the following address:

#Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects (Beta Preview)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx

#Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects (Beta Preview)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

In addition, you can also monitor the

http://www.asp.net

where most new asp.net updates will be posted there.....

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security