    written in C# and another aspx page is written in
    VB.NET for example ?

    //Tony
    Tony Johansson, Dec 21, 2009

  2. "Tony Johansson" <> wrote in
    news:eek:8IXm.13800$:

    > Is it possible to mix language on a webb site. For example one aspx
    > page is written in C# and another aspx page is written in
    > VB.NET for example ?

    Yes, within a few constraints.

    If you use the website template, you have free reign over everything but
    the App_Code directory. With web application template, it is a bit more
    restrictive.

    Another way to accomplish this is to put the actual app code into
    libraries and you can divide the code by language. Not the best method,
    but it can work.

    And, if neither of these options work, there is always reflector (red-
    gate.com). Grab the bits in the "wrong" language and output them in the
    "right" language.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |
    Gregory A. Beamer, Dec 21, 2009

  3. Tony Johansson

    Ralph Guest

    "Tony Johansson" <> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > Is it possible to mix language on a webb site. For example one aspx page
    > is written in C# and another aspx page is written in
    > VB.NET for example ?
    >
    > //Tony

    I believe the framework always allowed it as far bac as .net 1.1.
    Its always been a problem of using multiple languages within visual studio.
    I believe though that vs 2005 and vs 2008 both allow for the use of both
    though.
    Ralph, Dec 21, 2009

  1. AFN