    The ASP.NET pages has a Master Page with an iFrame that loads an ASP page,
    however this is not keeping ASP from timing out. Does anyone know how to work
    around this?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFzcHI=?=, Aug 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFzcHI=?=

    Scott M. Guest

    ASP and ASP.NET do not share the *same* session object. You must persist
    your data in some other way if you wish to pass the data between pages.

    Scott M., Aug 8, 2006

  3. I understand that. I have a bridge to pass session data between the pages.
    However, I am unable to keep the ASP pages from timing out when I'm browsing
    the ASP.NET pages.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFzcHI=?=, Aug 8, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFzcHI=?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Maspr" <> wrote in message

    > However, I am unable to keep the ASP pages from timing out when I'm
    > browsing
    > the ASP.NET pages.

    Well of course you are. As Scott told you, ASP and ASP.NET don't share the
    same Session object. Having the ability for the two different sessions to
    share data is irrelevent...

    Mark Rae, Aug 8, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFzcHI=?=

    Scott M. Guest

    Right, because when you are browsing an ASP.NET page, the session timeout
    clock for ASP pages begins to tick.

    The solution is to use a different mechanism (other than sessions) for
    multi-ASP/ASP.NET applications.

    Scott M., Aug 8, 2006
  6. re:
    > I am unable to keep the ASP pages from timing out when I'm browsing the ASP.NET pages.

    ASP and ASP.NET have separate timeout thresholds.

    You cannot expect ASP sessions to not time out if you're calling ASP.NET pages,
    even if you insert an ASP page in an iFrame.

    That call is, still, processed by the aspnet isapi application.

    Have you attempted to use Response.Redirect to call ASP pages,
    ( and later redirecting to your ASP.NET pages) instead of inserting
    ASP pages in an iFrame ?

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 8, 2006
  7. When you Time out in your IFrame you should be redirecting to the login
    page. Then in the logon page add this script.

    if (self != top)
    {
    top.location.replace(window.location.href);

    }
    </script>

    I was converting and asp site to asp.net 2.0 and ran into this problem
    of having and IFrame in the master page to hold all of the classic asp
    pages. When the asp pages timed out the IFrame would redirect to the
    logon page and the master page would not respond, for obvious reasons,
    so I added the above code to the logon page.

    Sleeping Bear, Aug 31, 2006