Mixed Content advice needed (Arabic support)

Garrek

I have an existing ASP.Net application that must be modified to support
mixed content: Latin-based languages (i.e. English) intermixed with
Arabic. Our code and database assumes everything is UTF-8.

I have some concerns on this and would appreciate feedback.

1) Displaying the english content requires left-to-right formatting (
left justified) while arabic content requirese right-to-left (right
justified). Is there a way to determine how it should be displayed
without storing the language in which the content exists?

If not, do I have to store the language?

Is it possible to determine what language a string consists of by some
character check in .net?

2) We will accept user input to store in the database. Again, this will
later be displayed in mixed-content displays. It's entirely possible
that an Arabic user enters english comments. Again, this touches on the
issue stated above - how can I determine what language he is using for
his text input?

3) Other than providing for the correct text justification, reversing
table columns (labels on right and text value on left) is there anything
else to consider in supporting mixed content and Arabic text?

Thanks