    authenticate users AND map to database roles, except using mixed mode in SQL
    server?

    Cheers...P

    Paul M, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Paul M

    Mary Chipman Guest

    Did you use Windows authentication before and it worked? If so, then
    it should still work now. You can map Windows users and groups to SQLS
    database roles. If you're talking about an ASP.NET app, it all depends
    on whether or not you use impersonation (not is preferred). If you use
    a single login from ASP.NET, you can certainly use a Windows account
    for connection but you'd need to roll your own roles at the method
    level to implement role-based security since everyone will be
    connecting through that single login. .NET does support mix-and-match
    in this scenario with WindowsPrincipal and GenericPrincipal objects.

    -- Mary
    MCW Technologies
    http://www.mcwtech.com

    Mary Chipman, Dec 1, 2003