mixing vbscript and ASP.NET

Mario Rodriguez

HI People, I need to mix ASP.NET (using C#) and vbscript (to handle capicom
resources) but I'm getting a lot of javascript errors. There is a safe way
to mix vbscript and ASP.NET

thanks

Ian Oldbury

now i'm confused.

your code behind pages are written in C# and client side code is written in
vbscript, which itsself is fine. i just wouldn't have thought you'd have
received javascript errors for your client code!

within you <head> tags on your front end page you need to declare
either by pasting it in or using the properties for the page.

ian

Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
javascript errors when using VBScripts

JavaScript errors CAN occur when using VBScripts, especially when you are using browsers other than IE. IE is the only browser that supports VBScripted web functions. Firefox, Netscape, etc... do not support VBscript. If you are trying to write something that is compatible with any client, do not use VBScript, instead use JavaScript to do what you were trying to do in VBScript.