Mixing Windows and Forms Authentication

Fabio Gouw

I was looking a way to have the Windows and Forms Authentication on the same
site, and I found a Paul Wilson's article on MSDN.

I've downloaded the code, and I'm trying to make it work. But I got some
problems..., it works well with Windows Authentication, but when it comes
about Forms, it doesn't work properly.

When I access the site outside the domain, it shows an user and password
login window, asking me to autenticate on the domain. I only access
WebLogin.aspx when I fill this window correctly.

This windows is supposed to not be showed, can anyone help me find out
what's wrong?

Thanks

Hernan de Lahitte

You may have checked both Basic and NTLM auth in IIS so you will use NTLM
inside the domain and Basic when accessing outside the domain.
There is another article from the same author that shows a slight different
method albeit with a less complex setup.
http://aspalliance.com/553

The overall strategy (double entry point) its cleaner than the first
approach though it may be added some further improvements in the Forms Auth
area.

Phillip Jubb

Yes, I have the same issue. It immediately takes me to the FBA login
window when I cancel but I don't want the prompt to come up in the
first place.

--

Hernan de Lahitte

http://weblogs.asp.net/hernandl

http://www.lagash.com/english/index.html

"An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows
absolutely everything about nothing".