mkmf creates broken makefile (Windows)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by ZippySwish, Dec 21, 2008.

  1. ZippySwish

    ZippySwish Guest

    Hi!

    I'm trying to compile the ruby whirlpool library from

    http://izumi.plan99.net/blog/index.php/ruby-whirlpool-library/

    on windows with Cygwin.

    extconf.rb looks like this:

    require 'mkmf'
    dir_config('whirlpool')
    create_makefile('whirlpool')

    It doesn't give any error messages while creating the makefile,
    however when I give the "make" command in cygwin, I get

    Makefile:106: *** target pattern contains no %. Stop.

    Line 106 of the Makefile looks like this:

    install-so: $(RUBYARCHDIR)

    It works fine in Ubuntu btw.

    Thanks in advance
    ZippySwish, Dec 21, 2008

  2. ZippySwish

    Luis Lavena Guest

    On Dec 21, 7:34 pm, ZippySwish <> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm trying to compile the ruby whirlpool library from
    >
    > http://izumi.plan99.net/blog/index.php/ruby-whirlpool-library/
    >
    > on windows with Cygwin.
    >
    > extconf.rb looks like this:
    >
    > require 'mkmf'
    > dir_config('whirlpool')
    > create_makefile('whirlpool')
    >
    > It doesn't give any error messages while creating the makefile,
    > however when I give the "make" command in cygwin, I get
    >
    > Makefile:106: *** target pattern contains no %. Stop.
    >
    > Line 106 of the Makefile looks like this:
    >
    > install-so: $(RUBYARCHDIR)
    >
    > It works fine in Ubuntu btw.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    What Ruby version are you trying to use under Cygwin?

    --
    Luis Lavena
    Luis Lavena, Dec 22, 2008

  3. ZippySwish