mmap

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Deepan, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Deepan

    Deepan Guest

    hello,

    i have a program that reads a file of size 635
    and loades it in to memeory for analysis.
    i compiled the program with the command

    "gcc myprog.c -lefence -g"

    after that i used gdb to run my program..
    the gdb output says the following

    mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory
    Program exited with code 0377.

    i dont know how to overcome this problem...
    please guide me out..
    thanks..for all those who have helped me till now
    and for those who are going to help me..
    i dont want to flood everyones mailbox with
    thanks...so i thank all of u now...

    =====
    center for biotechnology
    anna university
    chennai-25
    india
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Deepan, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Deepan

    Richard Bos Guest

    (Deepan) wrote:

    > mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory
    > Program exited with code 0377.

    mmap() is not a C function. I believe it is POSIX, but I'm not sure. If
    you can confirm that it is POSIX, you should ask this question in
    comp.unix.programmer.

    Richard
    Richard Bos, Jul 15, 2004