mmap

Deepan

hello,

i have a program that reads a file of size 635
and loades it in to memeory for analysis.
i compiled the program with the command

"gcc myprog.c -lefence -g"

after that i used gdb to run my program..
the gdb output says the following

mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory
Program exited with code 0377.

i dont know how to overcome this problem...
please guide me out..
thanks..for all those who have helped me till now
and for those who are going to help me..
i dont want to flood everyones mailbox with
thanks...so i thank all of u now...

=====
center for biotechnology
anna university
chennai-25
india
~
~
~
~
~
~

Richard Bos

mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory
Program exited with code 0377.

mmap() is not a C function. I believe it is POSIX, but I'm not sure. If
you can confirm that it is POSIX, you should ask this question in
comp.unix.programmer.

Richard