Mnemonic

Mark McIntyre

I notice you ignored this part.
It is funny how you throw stuff around, thinking that
it will impress people:

Shrug. I was just thinking that its funny how you throw stuff around
without thinking *at all*.

Its a hardware java virtual environment. You were wittering on about
virtual machine environments as if they were inevitably slow.
<quote>
Applications from heterogeneous hosts running different versions of
Java (1.4 or 1.5) can all tap into Compute Appliances at the same and
support Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX operating systems.
<end quote>

Thanks - I just spent about £400K on an Azul environment to run an
industry-standard securities trading system written in Java, I _think_
I know what Azul does.
The business world has ALWAYS followed Microsoft since the Microsoft
Disk Operating System times (MSDOS). So what?

You have *absolutely no clue at all*.

Large chunks of the financial markets ran on VMS till less than a
decade ago. Today, Solaris and other big-iron unices are fighting for
server space with Linux grids and Windows blades.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan