Mobile control and output tag

Sara T.

Is there any mobile control on ASP.net support to write some tag?

For example:

I need to write <h1> by setting to property text in textview or label
control, when I see coding in html source, it is gone.

I thought the mobile control will be eliminated for some tags.

JuanDG

ASP.NET Engine (which I explained on an earlier post) is designed to render
pages in the most accurate way for the device requesting them.

That's why we use generic tags like <mobile:form> or <mobile:label>.
By using the "mobile" keyword in the start of the tag we're telling the
ASP.NET Engine to replace those tags with equivalent tags in the markup
language supported by the device requesting the page.

In the namespace System.Web.UI.MobileControls.Adapters you can find all the
adapters that render mobile controls into specific tags of a given markup
language (like WML, xHTML, cHTML).

That's the reason why all the specific markup (like HTML) that you write in
a mobile web form will be removed at runtime, because it can't be adapted
into other markup languages. If you want to use a specific feature supported
only by a few devices or a single markup language you hay to use the custom
device filters.

I hope I made myself clear, if not, please tell me so I can elaborate some
more.

Regards!!!!

--

Juan David Gomez A.
Microsoft Certified Professional

Roman O

If you want to use a specific feature supported
only by a few devices or a single markup language you hay to use the
custom
device filters.

All is clear, but can you explain, how to output <H1> , for example, for
Pocket PC?

Thanks!