    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    Ed
    , Nov 30, 2006

  2. pangea33 Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm putting together a web site for mobile phones and would like to
    > include RSS feeds on it. All the RSS feeds I've seen are not formatted
    > to fit on a mobile screen. The links and short descriptions of the
    > articles work well, but clicking on a link to read the full article
    > gets you large graphics, frames, and so on. I'm trying to find some
    > RSS news feeds where the links and stories are all formatted for mobile
    > phone screens. Yes I know you can download mobile phone apps that will
    > format web sites to fit on a mobile screen, but I don't want my users
    > to have to download anything.
    >
    > Any suggestions are appreciated.
    >
    > Ed

    What technologies are you using for webhosting and the RSS feed server?
    You can make a text only version that is served up either conditionally
    based on the browser used, or specifically selected by the user.
    e.g."Click here for text only version"
    pangea33, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm trying to find some
    > RSS news feeds where the links and stories are all formatted for mobile
    > phone screens.

    RSS news feeds aren't "formatted", so they are neither formatted for,
    not formatted to be incompatible with, mobile device screens. Take the
    RSS feed with the content you want and apply your own formatting to it,
    probably with XSLT and CSS.
    Andy Dingley, Dec 1, 2006