Mobile/PocketPC/PDA programming

C# newbie

Hi Group,

Please let me know what book is good as a start for Mobile programming
using C# and ASP.NET ? Also, what brand of PocketPC should I select ? I'm
totally new to this field and need you advice. Is there anything I should
consider before starting it ?
Your help would be appreciated greatly

Thanks
NewBie

Ed Kaim [MSFT]

You have two options when it comes to building software for mobile devices.

On one hand, you can build server-side ASP.NET applications that render
markup for the microbrowsers in over 200 different device combinations.

On the other, you can build client-side .NET Compact Framework applications
for Windows CE .NET-based devices, including all Pocket PCs and Windows
Mobile 2003 for Smartphone devices.

The best place to start is at the mobile & embedded developer center at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility. There are also a ton of great
non-Microsoft sites, as well as quite a few blogs, such as Jonathan Wells'
blog (product manager for the .NET Compact Framework) at
http://blogs.msdn.com/onoj.

C# newbie

Ed, thanks for your help.

regards