mobile website goes to login page but not further

SJ

I have a mobile web application running on a server at work. There is a
strange thing happening though:
1) I can access and login to my mobile web app from any internet browser.
(good thing).
2) I can access and login to my mobile web app from any Palm Treo web
browser. (good thing).
3) When I use a regular mobile phone (samsung/motorola...etc) and load up my
website on the browser, it takes me to the login page. Now, when I enter my
username and password, it doesn't move forward. After about 5 mins it comes
back with a "Data server unavailable" error.

Now why would my web app work on the Treo and not on ANY other mobile phone?

Btw, I installed the exact same webapp on another server (on a different
network) and tried the above phones and it works just fine. So I know its
not a carrier signal issue.

Any ideas?

thanks,
-SJ

SJ

Well, I've designed the application so that if you try to go to another
webpage directly, it will redirect you to the login page. And this works.
So, say if i type xxx.xx.xxx.xx/wap/Index.aspx, it redirects me to the
/wap/Login.aspx page.

Now when I type the username and password, it behaves the same way as noted
below in my previous posting.

-SJ.

Jeff Dillon

I was just suggesting removing the login requirement, and see if you can
just go straight to the target page (as a test)

Jeff

SJ

Update: Apparently the request doesn't reach the server when I hit the Login
button. I know there is a DMZ on the network. Would that pose a problem for
WAP?

-SJ