mobile website goes to login page but not further

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SJ, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. SJ

    SJ Guest

    I have a mobile web application running on a server at work. There is a
    strange thing happening though:
    1) I can access and login to my mobile web app from any internet browser.
    (good thing).
    2) I can access and login to my mobile web app from any Palm Treo web
    browser. (good thing).
    3) When I use a regular mobile phone (samsung/motorola...etc) and load up my
    website on the browser, it takes me to the login page. Now, when I enter my
    username and password, it doesn't move forward. After about 5 mins it comes
    back with a "Data server unavailable" error.

    Now why would my web app work on the Treo and not on ANY other mobile phone?

    Btw, I installed the exact same webapp on another server (on a different
    network) and tried the above phones and it works just fine. So I know its
    not a carrier signal issue.

    Any ideas?

    thanks,
    -SJ

    SJ, Apr 18, 2006

  2. SJ

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Have you tried with other test pages that bypass the login page?

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Apr 18, 2006

  3. SJ

    SJ Guest

    Well, I've designed the application so that if you try to go to another
    webpage directly, it will redirect you to the login page. And this works.
    So, say if i type xxx.xx.xxx.xx/wap/Index.aspx, it redirects me to the
    /wap/Login.aspx page.

    Now when I type the username and password, it behaves the same way as noted
    below in my previous posting.

    -SJ.

    SJ, Apr 18, 2006
  4. SJ

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    I was just suggesting removing the login requirement, and see if you can
    just go straight to the target page (as a test)

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Apr 18, 2006
  5. SJ

    SJ Guest

    Update: Apparently the request doesn't reach the server when I hit the Login
    button. I know there is a DMZ on the network. Would that pose a problem for
    WAP?

    SJ, Apr 19, 2006