mock django cache

usmani.kashif9957

In my settings.py , I have specified my cache as :
CACHES = {
'default': {
}

In my views.py, I have

import requests
from django.core.cache import cache, get_cache

def aview():
#check cache
if not get_cache('default').get('key'):
#make request and save in cache
result = request.get('some_url')
get_cache('default').set('key', result)
return result
else:
return get_cache('default').get('key')

Now in my tests.py, I have been able to mock requests.get('aurl'), so that makes sure that no external requests are made.

But the test code still hits the cache and gets/sets from it. So if my prodhas already set the cache, then test is failing because it gets the data from same cache. Or if I run my tests first, then the test case is setting the cache with test data and I see that same reflected when I run prod website.

How can I mock the calls to get_cache('default').set('key', result) and get_cache('default').get('key') so that the set call does not sets the real cache ( return None?) and get does not return anything in actual cache.

Please provide me with code sample to how to get this done.

Here is how I have mocked my requests.get

def test_get_aview(self):
with mock.patch('requests.get') as mymock:
mymock.side_effect = (lambda url: MOCKED_DATA)

What code can I put after this to make it work? I tried something like

class MockCacheValue(mock.MagicMock):
def get(self, key):
print 'here'
return None
def set(self, key, value):
print 'here 2'
pass

def test_get_aview(self):
with mock.patch('requests.get') as mymock:
mymock.side_effect = (lambda url: MOCKED_DATA[url])
mock.patch('django.core.cache.get_cache', new=MockCacheValue)

but it does not work and putting a print statement inside get/set above does not print anything giving me an idea that its not mocked properly