MOD function synthesis

praveen

Hi folks,

could any one suggest me what is the hardware taken for
implementing a MOD function in VHDL.

rgds,
praveen

Allan Herriman

Hi folks,

could any one suggest me what is the hardware taken for
implementing a MOD function in VHDL.

a <= b mod c

If c is a power of 2 (= 2 ** N), a will get the lower N bits of b,
with the upper bits zeroed.
IOW, there is no logic generated, just connections.

Most synthesis tools will issue an error if c is not static, or not a
power of 2.

Regards,
Allan.