mod rewrite

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Marcel Kraan (kraan.net), Aug 3, 2003.

  1. I have a movie download site and what i need is that if users are
    linking my files
    (like http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/bmx/jib.mpg)
    that they come to a page for the download. Like this
    http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/download.cgi?fil_direct=direct&fil_filename=jib.mpg

    So i don't want direct linking but always via the download.cgi

    If i'am using this .htaccess (below) it seems to work but..
    I could not save the files anymore the filenames are changed
    from jib.mpg to jib.mpg.html
    And i could only save HTML
    Maby because 'downloading' is for every user a external link???

    Does someone have a solution?
    please email me also..

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.eengoedidee.nl.* [NC]