mod_jk2 compilation

Discussion in 'Java' started by CIndy Lee, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. CIndy Lee

    CIndy Lee Guest

    mod_jk2 compilation
    We are trying to connect Tomcat 5.5.17 with an older version of apache
    (1.3) with mod_jk2. Compiling mod_jk2:

    cd /usr/local/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.4-src/jk/native2

    ../configure --with-apr-lib=/usr/local/apr --with-jni --with-tomcat-41=/
    usr/local/tomcat-5

    Output:

    checking host system type... x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

    checking target system type... x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

    checking for gawk... gawk

    checking for gcc... gcc

    checking for suffix of executables...

    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes

    checking dependency style of gcc... none

    checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed

    checking for egrep... grep -E

    checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld

    checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes

    checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r

    checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B

    checking whether ln -s works... yes

    checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all

    checking for ANSI C header files... yes

    checking for sys/types.h... yes

    checking for sys/stat.h... yes

    checking for stdlib.h... yes

    checking for string.h... yes

    checking for memory.h... yes

    checking for strings.h... yes

    checking for inttypes.h... yes

    checking for stdint.h... yes

    checking for unistd.h... yes

    checking dlfcn.h usability... yes

    checking dlfcn.h presence... yes

    checking for dlfcn.h... yes

    checking for g++... g++

    checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes

    checking dependency style of g++... none

    checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E

    checking for g77... g77

    checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes

    checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes

    checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768

    checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok

    checking for objdir... .libs

    checking for ar... ar

    checking for ranlib... ranlib

    checking for strip... strip

    checking if gcc static flag works... yes

    checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no

    checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC

    checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes

    checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes

    checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
    shared libraries... yes

    checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no

    checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

    checking for shl_load... no

    checking for shl_load in -ldld... no

    checking for dlopen... no

    checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes

    checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes

    checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... yes

    configure: creating libtool

    appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool

    checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64

    checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes

    checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
    shared libraries... yes

    checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC

    checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes

    checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes

    checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
    shared libraries... yes

    checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

    checking for shl_load... (cached) no

    checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no

    checking for dlopen... (cached) no

    checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes

    checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes

    checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself...
    (cached) yes

    appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool

    checking for g77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC

    checking if g77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes

    checking if g77 supports -c -o file.o... yes

    checking whether the g77 linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
    shared libraries... yes

    checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so

    checking for test... /usr/bin/test

    checking for rm... /bin/rm

    checking for grep... /bin/grep

    checking for echo... /bin/echo

    checking for sed... /bin/sed

    checking for cp... /bin/cp

    checking for mkdir... /bin/mkdir

    no apxs given

    no apxs2 given

    checking checking for apache13...... not provided

    checking checking for apache20...... not provided

    checking checking for iis...... not provided

    checking checking for iPlanet...... not provided

    checking for tomcat33 location... not provided

    checking for tomcat40 location... not provided

    checking for tomcat41 location... not provided

    checking for JDK location (please wait)... /usr/java/jdk1.6.0 from
    environment

    checking Java platform... checking Java platform...

    checking os_type directory... linux

    configure: error: Cannot find any WebServer

    It looks like it can't find tomcat despite that a valid location of 5
    (not 4) was given. We have been able to compile that from sources on
    another machine using tomcat 5, but this was a long time ago and on 32-
    bit.

    Basically, all we need is the mod_jk2.so file compiled for the 64-bit
    platform. Please let us know how to compile. I can provide the -tomcat-
    connectors-jk2-2.0.4-src.tar.gz if necessary (I downloaded it from the
    link on the apache site).

    Thanks!

    CIndy Lee, Mar 9, 2007