mod_jk2 / tomcat / apache cannot go below /examples directory

Discussion in 'Java' started by Nelayan, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Nelayan

    Nelayan Guest

    I am trying to get a tomcat-4.1.27 to talk to an Apache 2.0.47 server.
    I built the mod_jk2.so and configured Apache, as well as the
    jk2.properties and workers2.properties as for the simplest example
    described in:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/confighowto.html

    When I start Tomcat and Apache, everything seems to be happy. When I
    go to:

    http://localhost/examples/

    I get a Tomcat page showing the /examples/ directory tree that
    indicates that Apache is communicating with Tomcat. The problem is
    when I try to select one of the directories to run one of the
    examples. I get a "The page cannot be found " error. The error is
    logged in Apache's error_log as
    "File does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/examples". There is
    nothing that gets logged on the Tomcat side.

    I have tweeked the workers2.properties file by defining some of the
    directories to naviagate, but that was to no avail, and searching
    google, I can't seem to find anybody else who has had this problem.

    My latest workers2.properties file looks like this:

    [shm]
    file=${serverRoot}/logs/shm.file
    size=1048576

    # Define the communication channel
    [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
    info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
    tomcatId=localhost:8009
    # Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
    [uri:/examples/*]
    worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

    [uri:/examples/servlets/*]
    info=Map the whole webapp - servlets

    [uri:/examples/*.jsp]
    info=Map the whole webapp - jsp

    ===============
    Has anybody had this problem? It has to be a simple fix. But if not,
    what is the best thing to do to get a lot of verbose logging on both
    the Apache and Tomcat side?

    Also, another stupid question, but I haven't seen the answer in the
    docs, if I change the workers2.properties file on the Apache side, do
    I just need to bounc Apache for them to be active? Or do I have to
    bounce Tomcat and then Apache. I am assuming it is just Apache.

    Thanks in advance for help.
    Les
    Nelayan, Sep 22, 2003