mod_perl 1.29: send_fh(): result status?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Brian Gorby, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Brian Gorby

    Brian Gorby Guest

    I'm programming a web application that limits the number of downloads
    for clients on certain files:

    unless ( $r->header_only ) {
    $r->send_fd($fh);
    $self->record_download($user_id, $file_id);
    }
    close($fh);

    I'd like to be able to have some sort of confirmation that the file was
    sent / received in entirety before recording the download; if the
    download times out for whatever reason for the client, the download will
    not be recorded.

    Is this something that's possible in general? with mod_perl?

    -Brian

    Brian Gorby, Aug 24, 2005