    DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?

    Any web ressource about this subject ?

    thx in advance

    Alexandre Jaquet, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Alexandre Jaquet

    Lord0 Guest

    > I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
    > mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
    > DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?
    >
    > Any web ressource about this subject ?
    >
    > thx in advance

    You can have a look at Apache::DBI - this will provide you will a persistent
    pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having to create them *on
    the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results of common queries and
    store them for future use.....what is the dot net DataSet/RecordSet trick?

    Lord0, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Lord0 a écrit :
    >>I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
    >>mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
    >>DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?
    >>
    >>Any web ressource about this subject ?
    >>
    >>thx in advance

    > You can have a look at Apache::DBI - this will provide you will a persistent
    > pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having to create them *on
    > the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results of common queries and
    > store them for future use.....what is the dot net DataSet/RecordSet trick?

    thx lawrence recordset and dataset does this kind of optimisation

    Alexandre Jaquet, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Alexandre Jaquet a écrit :
    > Lord0 a écrit :
    >
    >>> I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
    >>> mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
    >>> DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?
    >>>
    >>> Any web ressource about this subject ?
    >>>
    >>> thx in advance

    >> You can have a look at Apache::DBI - this will provide you will a
    >> persistent pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having
    >> to create them *on the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results
    >> of common queries and store them for future use.....what is the dot
    >> net DataSet/RecordSet trick?
    >>

    > thx lawrence recordset and dataset does this kind of optimisation

    I currently read documentation about SQL_CACHE (mysql) is that another
    optimisation than mod_perl one ?
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/query-cache-how.html

    Alexandre Jaquet, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Alexandre Jaquet