mod_perl and db

Alexandre Jaquet

I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?

Any web ressource about this subject ?

thx in advance

Lord0

I'm looking for a way to minimize sql queries. I'm been using mysql,
mod_perl and unix server. Does anything exist to trick with it like
DataSet and RecordSet in dot net ?

Any web ressource about this subject ?

thx in advance

You can have a look at Apache::DBI - this will provide you will a persistent
pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having to create them *on
the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results of common queries and
store them for future use.....what is the dot net DataSet/RecordSet trick?

Alexandre Jaquet

Lord0 a écrit :
You can have a look at Apache::DBI - this will provide you will a persistent
pool of DB connections, saving you the overhead of having to create them *on
the fly*. With mod perl you could cache the results of common queries and
store them for future use.....what is the dot net DataSet/RecordSet trick?
thx lawrence recordset and dataset does this kind of optimisation