mod_perl errors: prototype mismatch ... during global destruction

Discussion in 'Perl' started by ian douglas, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. ian douglas

    ian douglas Guest

    RedHat 7.3, latest patches on everything, cannot be upgraded to newer
    releases of RedHat
    Apache 1.3.27
    modperl 1.26

    Apache configuration:

    <IfModule mod_perl.c>
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /full/path/secure_cgi-bin/startup.pl
    PerlFreshRestart On

    Alias /cgi-bin/ /full/path/secure_cgi-bin/
    <Directory "/full_path/secure_cgi-bin/">
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::perlRun
    PerlSendHeader On
    Options +ExecCGI
    </Directory>

    I can't seem to pinpoint when exactly this happens, but here's what I
    get in the Apache error logs from time to time:

    Prototype mismatch: sub
    Apache::ROOTwww_2emydomain_2ecom::cgi_2dbin::myscript_2epl::myfunction
    vs () at /other/path/required_script.pl line 1234 during global
    destruction.

    Any insight?

    PLEASE: if you're going to reply via Email, please Email my initials
    @w98.us, not as I have heavy spam filtering turned on
    and your message likely won't be received at all.

    id

    ian douglas, Aug 19, 2003