mod_perl errors: prototype mismatch ... during global destruction

ian douglas

RedHat 7.3, latest patches on everything, cannot be upgraded to newer
releases of RedHat
Apache 1.3.27
modperl 1.26

Apache configuration:

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /full/path/secure_cgi-bin/startup.pl
PerlFreshRestart On

Alias /cgi-bin/ /full/path/secure_cgi-bin/
<Directory "/full_path/secure_cgi-bin/">
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::perlRun
PerlSendHeader On
Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

I can't seem to pinpoint when exactly this happens, but here's what I
get in the Apache error logs from time to time:

Prototype mismatch: sub
Apache::ROOTwww_2emydomain_2ecom::cgi_2dbin::myscript_2epl::myfunction
vs () at /other/path/required_script.pl line 1234 during global
destruction.

Any insight?

PLEASE: if you're going to reply via Email, please Email my initials
@w98.us, not (e-mail address removed) as I have heavy spam filtering turned on
and your message likely won't be received at all.

id