    WAP app?

    Thanks in advance,
    - Jeff

    fhscobey, Mar 20, 2006

  2. fhscobey wrote:

    > I'm trying to help out another group at my company by creating a simple
    > reverse-proxy interface for their application; they basically need a
    > way to have a password protected interface for a WAP application for
    > demonstration purposes. I was just going to leverage the custom
    > AuthHandler we wrote for their Basic_Auth needs, but I realized that
    > the Authentication phase of apache takes place after the Header and URI
    > translation phases. Is there a way I can utilize mod_proxy (via the
    > Perl module interface) in the response phase? Would I just be better
    > off writing a small LWP function to handle the proxy pass-thru to their
    > WAP app?

    You might be able to do it by generating an internal redirect to a
    secret URL prefix which in turn is handled via mod_proxy. Just check
    the responses to ensure the secret prefix doesn't leak out.

    Note: I wouldn't suggest this trick for a production system but it's
    probably OK for a demo if it works.

    Brian McCauley, Mar 21, 2006