mod_perl win2k mail::sender problem

Roger Moffatt

Hi

Not sure if this is most appropriate forum, but maybe some of the experts
here will have encountered my problem or can redirect me. I've been
searching all morning for a solution on usenet etc but can't get the to
bottom of it.

My environment is;

Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_10-dev Perl/v5.8.0

My problem seems to relate to sockets under mod_perl on windows. Basically I
am using mail::sender to send e-mail. My code works fine for a few mails if
I restart the Apache server, but soon it stops working and
mail::sender::eek:pen fails with an error code indicating "unable to open
connection".

I've seen other people referring to known socket issues with mod_perl and
windows - but I can't seem to find anyone who knows of a solution or
precisely what the problem is.

Can anyone here help?

Regards

Roger
UK

Roger Moffatt

PS. Just to say that my application is nothing to do with bulk mailing - it
sends single e-mails to people requesting the content.