    does anyone know how I can fix this?

    thanks in advance!
    Sjoerd

    Sjoerd, Sep 11, 2007

  2. Sjoerd

    Tim Golden Guest

    Sjoerd wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a script that uses pySVN. It gets the latest build information.
    > I want to create a call to that function in a PSP file but everytime I
    > try I get an error message:
    >
    > ClientError: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
    > Unable to open repository 'file:///P:/tools/builds/repository'
    >
    > does anyone know how I can fix this?

    Usually means that the process which Apache is running under
    (may well be LocalSystem) doesn't know about or doesn't have
    access to p:/tools etc. Assuming that P: is a network drive,
    try using its UNC (\\server\share\tools etc.) but even there
    I suspect you may have security issues. One way or the other,
    you would need to give the Apache service enough security
    access to that share/directory for it to do its job.

    TJG

    Tim Golden, Sep 11, 2007

  3. Tim Golden wrote:
    > Sjoerd wrote:

    >> ClientError: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
    >> Unable to open repository 'file:///P:/tools/builds/repository'
    >>
    >> does anyone know how I can fix this?

    > Usually means that the process which Apache is running under
    > (may well be LocalSystem) doesn't know about or doesn't have
    > access to p:/tools etc.

    Isn't this an SVN client error? Seems to me that the repository URL
    is invalid.

    Tim, try accessing the repository using svn list from the command
    line.

    Regards,

    Björn

    --
    BOFH excuse #350:

    paradigm shift...without a clutch

    Bjoern Schliessmann, Sep 11, 2007
  4. Sjoerd

    Sjoerd Guest

    On Sep 11, 7:41 pm, Bjoern Schliessmann <usenet-
    > wrote:
    > Tim Golden wrote:
    > > Sjoerd wrote:
    > >> ClientError: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
    > >> Unable to open repository 'file:///P:/tools/builds/repository'

    > >> does anyone know how I can fix this?

    > > Usually means that the process which Apache is running under
    > > (may well be LocalSystem) doesn't know about or doesn't have
    > > access to p:/tools etc.

    > Isn't this an SVN client error? Seems to me that the repository URL
    > is invalid.
    >
    > Tim, try accessing the repository using svn list from the command
    > line.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Björn
    >
    > --
    > BOFH excuse #350:
    >
    > paradigm shift...without a clutch

    Thank you both for your replies!
    I suspect that if I import the script that the script becomes local
    for apache
    Who tries to form the path.
    The actual command:

    client = Client()
    repLog = client.log("\\P:\\tools\builds\publish\\")
    I used an UNC path. The forming of the repository path must be inside
    the pysvn
    library.

    When I run the script via the command console it returns the right
    values.
    So I think what Tim replies is quite acurate!
    I'm going to try that tomorrow!

    Cheers!
    Sjoerd

    Sjoerd, Sep 11, 2007
  5. En Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:35:00 -0300, Sjoerd <> escribi�:

    > The actual command:
    >
    > client = Client()
    > repLog = client.log("\\P:\\tools\builds\publish\\")
    > I used an UNC path. The forming of the repository path must be inside
    > the pysvn
    > library.

    If that's really actual code, looks wrong. You should double all your
    backslashes or use a raw string. And \\P:... doesn't look well formed
    either.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Sep 13, 2007
  6. In message <>, Gabriel
    Genellina wrote:

    > If that's really actual code, looks wrong. You should double all your
    > backslashes or use a raw string. And \\P:... doesn't look well formed
    > either.

    DOSlexia strikes again. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 13, 2007