mod_python and pysvn

Sjoerd

Hello all,

I have a script that uses pySVN. It gets the latest build information.
I want to create a call to that function in a PSP file but everytime I
try I get an error message:

ClientError: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
Unable to open repository 'file:///P:/tools/builds/repository'

does anyone know how I can fix this?

thanks in advance!
Sjoerd

Tim Golden

Sjoerd said:
Hello all,

I have a script that uses pySVN. It gets the latest build information.
I want to create a call to that function in a PSP file but everytime I
try I get an error message:

ClientError: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
Unable to open repository 'file:///P:/tools/builds/repository'

does anyone know how I can fix this?

Usually means that the process which Apache is running under
(may well be LocalSystem) doesn't know about or doesn't have
access to p:/tools etc. Assuming that P: is a network drive,
try using its UNC (\\server\share\tools etc.) but even there
I suspect you may have security issues. One way or the other,
you would need to give the Apache service enough security
access to that share/directory for it to do its job.

TJG

Bjoern Schliessmann

Tim said:
Sjoerd wrote:

Usually means that the process which Apache is running under
(may well be LocalSystem) doesn't know about or doesn't have
access to p:/tools etc.

Isn't this an SVN client error? Seems to me that the repository URL
is invalid.

Tim, try accessing the repository using svn list from the command
line.

Regards,

Björn

Sjoerd

Isn't this an SVN client error? Seems to me that the repository URL
is invalid.

Tim, try accessing the repository using svn list from the command
line.

Regards,

Björn

Thank you both for your replies!
I suspect that if I import the script that the script becomes local
for apache
Who tries to form the path.
The actual command:

client = Client()
repLog = client.log("\\P:\\tools\builds\publish\\")
I used an UNC path. The forming of the repository path must be inside
the pysvn
library.

When I run the script via the command console it returns the right
values.
So I think what Tim replies is quite acurate!
I'm going to try that tomorrow!

Cheers!
Sjoerd

Gabriel Genellina

The actual command:

client = Client()
repLog = client.log("\\P:\\tools\builds\publish\\")
I used an UNC path. The forming of the repository path must be inside
the pysvn
library.

If that's really actual code, looks wrong. You should double all your
backslashes or use a raw string. And \\P:... doesn't look well formed
either.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

If that's really actual code, looks wrong. You should double all your
backslashes or use a raw string. And \\P:... doesn't look well formed
either.

DOSlexia strikes again. :)