Mod_Python - How to make Publisher Handler work?

Nancy

Hi,
I follow the Mod_python manual and try to let my form.py to handle
html form. The form.html and form.py are copied from
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/tut-pub.html,
after I click "submit", it always calls the page of 'Hello World',
that is myscript.py:
from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
req.write("Hello World!")
return apache.OK

Where is wrong?
Who knows where I can get a more basic and simple tutorial about
mod_python?
Thanks a lot

Nancy

Doug Holton

Nancy said:
Hi,
I follow the Mod_python manual and try to let my form.py to handle
html form. The form.html and form.py are copied from
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/tut-pub.html,
after I click "submit", it always calls the page of 'Hello World',
that is myscript.py:
from mod_python import apache

def handler(req):
req.write("Hello World!")
return apache.OK

Where is wrong?

You need to make sure you have added mod_python.publisher to your
httpd.conf or .htaccess like the tutorial page says, and if you have
already, try restarting apache. If it still gives the error, then
remove the old myscript stuff from your httpd.conf or .htaccess and
restart apache again. (really you only need to restart if you change
httpd.conf, not .htaccess)
> Who knows where I can get a more basic and simple tutorial about
> mod_python?
> Thanks a lot

I don't know of a good tutorial for mod_python, but here are a few
additional resources: http://modpython.coedit.net/