    A management web-ui would be nice too.

    --
    damjan
    Damjan, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Damjan

    Larry Bates Guest

    Zope has WebDAV support and is written in Python. You could
    use Zope or perhaps use "parts" of it (since it is open source).

    -Larry Bates

    Larry Bates, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Damjan

    Damjan Guest

    > Zope has WebDAV support and is written in Python. You could
    > use Zope or perhaps use "parts" of it (since it is open source).

    I wouldn't use Zope as file storage. The ZODB is inefficient for storing big
    files.

    --
    damjan
    Damjan, Nov 14, 2005
  4. Damjan

    Kyler Laird Guest

    Damjan <> writes:

    >Now I've been thinking that it might be pretty easy to implement a
    >authorization layer with mod_python (but living handling of the web-dav
    >protocol to apache)... So, has anyone already done something similar?

    Yup. I'm in the process. I'm using mod_python to do LDAP
    authentication of WebDAV requests.

    Now I just need to get a FUSE filesystem working and I should
    be able to cobble together a "simple" DAV server...

    It would be *so* much cleaner to have a total Python-based
    solution (that could run as root) so I periodically check on
    progress in this area. I have high hopes for Twisted's DAV
    server but I'm told it's not ready for use yet. In another
    thread I just learned about PanDAV
    http://ivoras.sharanet.org/projects/pandav.html
    but I haven't installed it yet.

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Apr 19, 2006
  5. Damjan

    Kyler Laird Guest

    Kyler Laird, Apr 19, 2006
  6. Damjan

    Guest

    Kyler Laird wrote:
    > Damjan <> writes:
    >
    > >Now I've been thinking that it might be pretty easy to implement a
    > >authorization layer with mod_python (but living handling of the web-dav
    > >protocol to apache)... So, has anyone already done something similar?

    > Yup. I'm in the process. I'm using mod_python to do LDAP
    > authentication of WebDAV requests.

    If original poster needs more in depth help on how to set up an
    appropriate authhandler for mod_python for the purpose, might
    suggest they get onto the mod_python mailing list and see help
    there. Details of mailing list on mod_python web site.

    > Now I just need to get a FUSE filesystem working and I should
    > be able to cobble together a "simple" DAV server...
    >
    > It would be *so* much cleaner to have a total Python-based
    > solution (that could run as root) so I periodically check on
    > progress in this area. I have high hopes for Twisted's DAV
    > server but I'm told it's not ready for use yet. In another
    > thread I just learned about PanDAV
    > http://ivoras.sharanet.org/projects/pandav.html
    > but I haven't installed it yet.

    What about if there existed a mod_dav_python for Apache. Would
    that be of interest. The idea is that the module could bridge the
    C API hooks and structures of mod_dav module to Python code.
    This means the benefit from all the hard work that has been put
    into the Apache mod_dav module and only need to implement
    stuff that handles the individual operations if you want to implement
    some sort of custom DAV server. If of interest you might look at
    comments about it at:

    http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2006-April/020890.html
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-165

    Graham
    , Apr 20, 2006
  7. Damjan

    Kyler Laird Guest

    writes:

    >What about if there existed a mod_dav_python for Apache. Would
    >that be of interest.

    To me it would only be of interest if it's combined with Apache's
    suid capabilities.

    > The idea is that the module could bridge the
    >C API hooks and structures of mod_dav module to Python code.
    >This means the benefit from all the hard work that has been put
    >into the Apache mod_dav module and only need to implement
    >stuff that handles the individual operations if you want to implement
    >some sort of custom DAV server.

    I can already get what I need using Apache DAV support with a custom
    (FUSE) filesystem. I'd just rather have a nice simple Python solution.

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Apr 24, 2006