Mod_python xml parsing problem

Mike Medland

Hi, I am currently using Python 2.2.3, apache 1.3.27 and mod_python
2.7.8. Under Solaris 8 on a sun.
The configuration appears to be working fine but, the problem that i am
having is in parsing xml files, when i do for example:

xmlfile = minidom.parse(file)
root = xmlfile.childNodes

It creates a dom instance but it contains nothing at all, and
root returns
a 'nonetype'. I believe that it may be an encoding problem but i dont
know
how to fix it.
When i tried the same code using cgi instead of mod_python it worked
fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.