mod_ruby/eruby for mswin32 for Ruby 1.8.1/Apache2.0.49

Phil Wilson

Does anybody have a solution for mod_ruby/eruby binaries for
mswin32 platform for Ruby 1.8.1 and Apache2.0.49

I'm running WinXP SP1, Apache 2.0.49 (XAMPP distribution) and Ruby 1.8.1 using the Ruby WindowsInstaller.

Any help would be appreciated. I even think this was a thread a while back.

Thanks
Phil

gabriele renzi

Does anybody have a solution for mod_ruby/eruby binaries for
mswin32 platform for Ruby 1.8.1 and Apache2.0.49

I'm running WinXP SP1, Apache 2.0.49 (XAMPP distribution) and Ruby 1.8.1 using the Ruby WindowsInstaller.

Any help would be appreciated. I even think this was a thread a while back.

eruby is here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/languages/ruby/binaries/mswin32/ext/

But I can't remembr where a modruby binary was.
It would be nice to see a packaged version with all this stuff
toghether, following the model of many PHP distributions for windows.

Sascha Ebach

Does anybody have a solution for mod_ruby/eruby binaries for
eruby is here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/languages/ruby/binaries/mswin32/ext/

But I can't remembr where a modruby binary was.
It would be nice to see a packaged version with all this stuff
toghether, following the model of many PHP distributions for windows.

Yes! Please! We all have been waiting for this for so long. Is there
nobody out there who can compile mod_ruby for Apache 1 or 2 on WinXP?
There was someone on the mod_ruby list a while back. He submitted some
patches for mod_ruby so it would work. But there was never a binary
version released.

Sascha

Phil Wilson

Thanks...this would be a greatly appreciated iof someone came up with
a distribution including this. It seems everyone who want to develop
ruby on the web in win32 goes with this combo. It needs to be made a
little easier to get this up and running for newbies (like myself).