mod_ruby is making me CRAZY

Javier Valencia

I'm just crazy, i can't understand anything.
I have two modules: Iptstats and Mods

Code for ipstats is large, but works fine ( a normal module )
Code for Mods is (it don't do nothing right now) :

module Mods

public

def Mods.get()
a = Array.new
end

end

and my sample menu.rb cgi is:

require "mods"

Mods.get()

Well, mod_ruby give me the following FUNNY error:

[Tue Feb 22 23:53:23 2005] [error] mod_ruby: error in ruby
[Tue Feb 22 23:53:23 2005] [error] mod_ruby:
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/menu.rb:3: uninitialized constant
#<Module:0x405ceaac>::Mods (NameError)

What the hell is happening here? I don't understand why my other module
works and this one not.
sorry i'm a bit frustrated.

Robert Klemme

Pit Capitain said:
Javier said:
[...]

I've never used mod_ruby myself, but it seems that menu.rb is run in an
anonymous module, just like

load "menu.rb", true

So it tries to find the constant "Mods" in the namespace of this anonymous
module. If this is the case, try using

::Mods.get()

in menu.rb in order to get at the global namespace.

Another thing that could possibly go wrong is that the file that's loaded
by "require 'mods'" is a different file and does not contain module Mods.

Regards

robert