mod_ruby under windows

Carl Youngblood

When looking for windows installation instructions for mod_ruby, all I
get is this (under the mod_ruby FAQ):

Does It work on Windows?

Not yet. Because I have no Windows machine (fortunately).

This is pretty sad. As much as I like linux, I choose to develop on
Windows (and deploy my apps on linux) because I always seem to spend
hours trying to get linux to recognize something as basic as a video
card and I just want my OS to work, as Windows has for me. I'm not
trying to start a flamewar here. I just think that forward-looking
developers should realize that some of us have legitimate reasons for
doing our development on Windows even if we intend to deploy our apps
on linux. Making an install for Windows will do a lot to further Ruby
adoption. An example of this is the awesome installs done by the
pragmatic programmers.

Anyway, sorry for the exegesis. What I really want to know is, has
anyone set up mod_ruby on windows, and if so, how is it done?

Thanks,
Carl Youngblood

John W. Long

I think it's possible to run it on windows under cygwin so you might try
that. I am looking into the possiblility of porting it to windows because we
need it at work and it would help to increase mod_ruby's popularity. I
haven't done a lot of C though, so if I make progress it will be slow. Would
be interested in helping?

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com