Modal and non modal in same app

Discussion in 'Java' started by Leila, Apr 26, 2005.

  1. Leila

    Leila Guest

    Hi Group,

    I have an application that pops up JFrames when certain events occur.
    The application also has a modal dialog.

    Diagram:

    Main App (JFrame)
    / \\
    / \\
    Modal Interactive
    JDialog JFrames

    I would like to have the Interactive JFrames still be interactive while the
    modal dialog is up.
    The modal dialog is not a child of the JFrames.

    Is there a way of doing this in Java?

    Thanks,

    -Leila

    PS. Please excuse the repost, I forgot to include comp.lang.java.programmer

    Leila, Apr 26, 2005