    e.g. Collection of object e.g. List<Customer> to it's parent aspx page?

    Cheers,
    Michael
    Michael, Sep 23, 2009

  2. Michael

    bruce barker Guest

    you question makes little sense. the contents of a modal popup window is
    the parent page. the popup is just a panel (div) that is rendered in the
    browser but hidden via css. the server is not involved in displaying the
    popup (just a little javascript and css to make the panel visible).
    any post back the popup does will replace the page in the browser.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 24, 2009

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    No, Modal Popup windows and it's parent are not same Windows.
    I'm using Telerik's RadWindow/Ajax mechanism for creating Modal Popup
    Windows. Both Parent and Popup are in separate aspx files and live theit own
    life in their own Windows. That's how I have understand it.

    But what comes to the problem, I think it's because of Ajax. I also noticed
    that Submits comes to Popup Window too. Changing PostBackUrl and using e.g.
    ViewState as transform mechanism didn't solve the problem because when
    Popup Window was opened using Telerik's Ajax/Javascript methods it needed to
    do something other things too. Otherwise Popup Window stayed into screen.

    I found a sample from Telerik
    http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/window/examples/dialogreturnvalue/defaultcs.aspx
    which used plain Javascript/Ajax? to two window communication.

    This problem is not Telerik based I think, this problem arises if you are
    using other product too into this purpose.

    So if anyone has any ideas how to transfer data between to Windows and
    especially back I would be glad to here about then.

    Cheers,

    Michael

    Michael, Sep 24, 2009