    Sincerely
    /Hans Sixhöj

    , Jan 10, 2006

    I have sloved the problem. Instead of implementing the <base
    target=_self></base> tag to get the modal webform to post to itself and
    not a new window I have now changed into using an <iframe:

    <iframe
    src="ExportToExcel.aspx?ClientID=<%=Request.QueryString["ClientID"]%>&FromPeriod=1&ToPeriod=<%=Request.QueryString["ToPeriod"]%>&BudgetYear=<%=Request.QueryString["BudgetYear"]%>"
    name="embeddedFrame" width="100%" height="100%" scrolling=no />

    This works perfectly and the serverside code executes and displays the
    open/save dialog when i push the Excel document to the client.

    The strange thing is why my original solution worked in ASP.NET 1.1 but
    not in ASP.NET 2.0 - to this I have not found an answer.

    Sincerely,
    Hans Sixhöj

    , Jan 10, 2006