ModalPopupExtender

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by David, Oct 23, 2009.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hi all,

    I am having a problem with the AJAX ModalPopupExtender.

    I am using C#, .NET 3.5

    I have a form on a page. In the form is a linkbutton that pops up a modal
    popup, in the pop-up, I have a search box. The idea is that when the search
    button is clicked, the modal popup has a gridview, and clicking on an item
    in the gridview sends the row data back to my form.

    I am seeing the search button fire, but the modal popup disappears and the
    parent page jumps back to the top.

    Further... on the parent page is a datalist, and when a row is in edit mode,
    it looks like the earlier mentioned form, which will include a linkbutton to
    pop-up the search form. At the moment, this is not wired in, but I am saying
    it for clarification.

    Finally, I have an UpdatePanel for most of the page. The Modal Popup panel
    is inside this update panel and I have an update panel inside the panel for
    my search form. I don't know if this has any bearing on the problem.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.
    --
    Best regards,