    but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?
    --
    James Kuyper
    James Kuyper, Jun 6, 2013

  2. James Kuyper

    James Kuyper Guest

    On 06/06/2013 06:09 PM, James Kuyper wrote:
    > I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64. MetFileCreate.pm
    > is complaining about the fact that it wants to run
    >
    > /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files
    >
    > but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

    I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related, it shouldn't have
    been posted, and for some reason thunderbird won't let me send a
    "Cancel" command.
    James Kuyper, Jun 6, 2013

  3. James Kuyper

    Ivan Shmakov Guest

    >> I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64.
    >> MetFileCreate.pm is complaining about the fact that it wants to run

    >> /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

    >> but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

    Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
    Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

    Alas, ftp://edhs1.gsfc.nasa.gov/ (where I used to get it)
    doesn't seem to be available right now, so I can't check it
    myself if they indeed have added a new binary to the bundle.

    > I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

    ... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which
    I've just cross-posted to.)

    --
    FSF associate member #7257
    Ivan Shmakov, Jun 7, 2013
  4. James Kuyper

    James Kuyper Guest

    OT - Re: moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

    On 06/07/2013 09:43 AM, Ivan Shmakov wrote:

    > >> I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64.
    > >> MetFileCreate.pm is complaining about the fact that it wants to run

    > >> /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

    > >> but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

    > Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
    > Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

    No, we have the SDP Toolkit library (actually, several different
    versions thereof) installed under the SDPToolkit directory, but other
    subdirectories of SDPToolkit contain things connected to that library,
    but not a part of it. range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files is an extremely
    trivial program that I wrote (but someone else named :-( ) which
    extracts the start and end times from an ephemeris or attitude file that
    is in the format described in Appendix L of the SDP Toolkit User's
    guide. It was supposed to have been installed in that location, and the
    integration&test version of our MODAPS instance (MODAPSint) on that
    machine can't ingest such files without it being in that precise
    location. I don't have the right permissions to install it myself, or I
    would have.

    > > I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

    > ... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which
    > I've just cross-posted to.)

    Leading me to have to post an apology to a whole new group of people for
    having accidentally sent this message to a newsgroup instead of the
    intended recipient.
    --
    James Kuyper
    James Kuyper, Jun 7, 2013
  5. James Kuyper

    Ivan Shmakov Guest

    Re: OT - Re: moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

    [...]

    >> Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
    >> Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

    > No, we have the SDP Toolkit library (actually, several different
    > versions thereof) installed under the SDPToolkit directory, but other
    > subdirectories of SDPToolkit contain things connected to that
    > library, but not a part of it.

    [...]

    > I don't have the right permissions to install it myself, or I would
    > have.

    ACK. Sorry for the buzz then.

    >>> I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

    >> ... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which I've
    >> just cross-posted to.)

    > Leading me to have to post an apology to a whole new group of people
    > for having accidentally sent this message to a newsgroup instead of
    > the intended recipient.

    I'd not worry about that much. Based on my observations (or,
    rather, logs), only some 20 messages have reached this group on
    Aioe for some two years now, and none of them lived long enough
    for my software to fetch it, -- presumably all being promptly
    discarded as spam.

    If there're any subscribers left in this group (except for
    myself, that is) -- my guess'd be that by now, they'd be
    thankful for pretty much any traffic whatsoever (as long as it
    keeps this group from being removed.)

    --
    FSF associate member #7257
    Ivan Shmakov, Jun 7, 2013
  6. James Kuyper

    Jeb Guest

    James Kuyper wrote:
    > I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64.
    > MetFileCreate.pm is complaining about the fact that it wants to run
    >
    > /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files
    >
    > but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

    Isn't that so stupid though? Who in their right mind would do such a thing?
    Isn't it the epitome of sadness and lonliness?
    Jeb, Jun 9, 2013
  7. James Kuyper

    Enue Guest

    James Kuyper wrote:

    >> run

    >> there?
    >>
    >> Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
    >> Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

    > No, we have the SDP Toolkit library (actually, several different
    > versions thereof) installed under the SDPToolkit directory, but other
    > subdirectories of SDPToolkit contain things connected to that library,
    > but not a part of it. range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files is an
    > extremely trivial program that I wrote (but someone else named :-( )
    > which extracts the start and end times from an ephemeris or attitude
    > file that is in the format described in Appendix L of the SDP Toolkit
    > User's guide. It was supposed to have been installed in that
    > location, and the integration&test version of our MODAPS instance
    > (MODAPSint) on that machine can't ingest such files without it being
    > in that precise location. I don't have the right permissions to
    > install it myself, or I would have.
    >
    >> > I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

    >> ... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which
    >> I've just cross-posted to.)

    > Leading me to have to post an apology to a whole new group of people
    > for having accidentally sent this message to a newsgroup instead of
    > the intended recipient.

    Your name is <resume-like>, but what if I stop being the tech head and go
    into business where you would maybe offer me your resume to work in my
    company?

    Hmm, James Kuyper? You'd hate to work for someone who knows your skill
    better than you do, huh! All programmers at your level are playing a game,
    but can't it past me. Hmm?
    Enue, Jun 12, 2013