model to xml

Petterson Mikael

Hi,

We have "Objects" that relate to each other in a parent-child
relationship. Also these objects can have references to ther objects
that is not a parent. Let me give you all an example.

I have the following parent-child relationship between objects,

Object A=1

-------------
| |
Object B=1 Object C=1

-------------
| |
Object D=1 Object D=2

Note: The number is the identity when we have more than one object of
the same type.

"Object A=1" is parent to child "Object B=1".

We have the same relationship for "Object D=1". "Object A=1" is parent
to "Object B=1" which is parent to "Object D=1". The path to "Object
D=1" is "Object A=1,Object C=1,Object D=1".

Also "Object B=1" can have a reference to "Object D=2". The
"reference"-attribute in "Object B=1" has the following path,

"Object A=1,Object C=1,Object D=2"

My question is if there is a tool where I can graphically create my
model ( see my nice one !!!) and from that generate an xml file ( or
xmi).

Requirements:
* It is important that when I create "Object B=1" it must be possible
for "Object B=1" to know that it's parent is
"Object A=1". When the hirarchy grows the child at the end should know
the whole path to itself.

* It is also important that a reference to an Object D=2 is created as
"Object A=1,Object C=1,Object D=2"

Has anyone done something similar? Any open-source tools for this? All
ideas/questions are welcome.

BR

//Mikael