Model-View-Presenter Pattern - input validation

George Washington

To all,

In your opinion, where should input validation be performed? In the view? In
the Presenter?

Sincerely,

George Washington

Lars-Erik

I'd say view and service or business layer.
By view I mean asp.net markup like validator controls.
The presenter presumably forwards events to service or business layer
methods which should always do validation anyway. :)

Joined
Nov 15, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
In my opinion, input validation should perform by the Presenter. This can be things like checking if a number field doesn't contain non numeric characters.

Last edited by a moderator: